WE’RE UPDATING – THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE
NOTE: In December, 2018, DHS rescinded 12 reports issued by the Office of Inspector General that reviewed FEMA’s response to several major disasters, including Hurricane Sandy, 2014 Oklahoma tornadoes, and 2016 California wildfires. Those reports are no longer publicly available.
Stafford Act Assistance and Acts of Terrorism, CRS Report (2019).
2017 Hurricane Maria
- Puerto Rico Recovery Blueprint, Rep. Darren Soto (D-FL)
- 2017 Hurricane Season, FEMA After-Action Report
- 2017 Hurricanes and Wildfires, Initial Observations on the Federal Response, and Key Observations, Government Accountability Office (2018)
- Mortality in Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria, 379 N. Eng. J. Med. 162 (2018).
- Quantifying Inequities in US Federal Response to Hurricane Disaster in Texas and Florida Compared with Puerto Rico (2019).
- Meeting the Urgent Need of Hurricane Maria Survivors In Puerto Rico, Refugees International (2018)
2016 Fiji, Cyclone Winston
- Down by the River: Addressing the Rights, Needs and Strengths of Fijian Gender and Sexual Minorities in Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Response (2018)
2013 Nepal Earthquakes
- Disaster, Disability and Difference: A Study of the Challenges Faced By Persons With Disabilities in Post-Earthquake Nepal (2016)
2012 Hurricane Sandy
- FEMA After-Action Report (2013)
2010 Hurricane Katrina
- Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act of 2006
- Federal Emergency Management Policy Changes After Hurricane Katrina: A Summary of Statutory Provisions (2007)
- The Federal Response to Hurricane Katrina, Lessons Learned (2006)
- Hurricane Katrina: A Nation Still Unprepared, Special Report of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, U.S. Senate (2006)
- A Failure of Initiative, Final Report of the Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate the Preparation for and Response to Hurricane Katrina, U.S. House of Representatives (2006)
- Assessing the Impact of Hurricane Katrina on Persons with Disabilities, NIDRR (2007)
- A Performance Review of FEMA’s Disaster Management Activities in Response to Hurricane Katrina, Department of Homeland Security, Office of Inspector General (2006)